Integrated Development Organization, (IDO) is a South Sudanese national development and humanitarian NGO founded on the 6th December, 2009 by a group of ambitious South Sudanese youth.
In December 2009, a small team of dedicated volunteers; young ambitious youth converged together in Khartoum, Sudan and founded what we now call Integrated Development Organization (IDO). The team had formed largely on thy own financial support with an aim of forming a humanitarian and developmental organization capable of delivering services and empowering communities quickly under post-recovery period in Sudan.
By 2010, this committed group of volunteers officially incorporated the organization in South Sudan and South Sudan Integrated Development Organization came in to being. Two years later, IDO membership grew to 50 members and employs 21 staffs and volunteers working in three (3) states of South Sudan, empowering and working with South Sudan’s rural and urban communities to lead and develop their post-conflict societies every year.
To nurture just, peaceful and healthier societies.
To empower and work with grass root and urban societies/groups estranged and uprooted by conflict so that disadvantaged, vulnerable and excluded communities, societies and groups are able to lead and develop their post conflict societies.
- Stewardship: We value practicing responsible governance by following accountable, transparent, and stable democratic processes within a collaborative culture of honesty and integrity
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently, achieving measurable results, and being accountable to supporters, partners and, most of all, our beneficiaries.
- Community involvement and ownership: IDO believes in community involvement to enhance saliency of behavioral change as a way of creating a supportive environment for their participation. IDO shall seek to empower individuals, families and communities to develop skills and knowledge that will enable them to take decisions and act on them
- Integrity: We aspire to live to the highest standards of personal honesty and behavior; we never compromise our reputation and always act in the best interests of our beneficiaries.
- Innovativeness and creativity: We are open to new ideas, embrace change, and take disciplined risks to develop sustainable solutions for and with our beneficiaries.
- Ambition: We are demanding of ourselves and our colleagues, set high goals, and are committed to improving the quality of everything we do for our beneficiaries.
- Success in diversity: IDO believes that meaningful human development must take into accounts the diversity of our society in which the human family is an all-inclusive entity where each individual, tribe and other social group has a role to play to for the achievement of the common good.