JOB VACANCY – VA/IDO/023-2017
The Integrated Development Organization (IDO) is seeking qualified person for the position of Partnership & Fundraising Officer.
IDO is a national NGO working to promote just and peaceful societies in South Sudan by empowering and working with grassroots communities, vulnerable populations, and excluded societies or groups estranged and uprooted by conflicts. The key objective is for societies and groups to build resilience, to develop and to lead their post-conflict societies. For more information, please visit IDO’s website at www.idosouthsudan.org
We wish to recruit interested and qualified applicant for the following position:
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR THE POSITION OF PARTNERSHIP & FUNDRAISING OFFIFER
Job title: Partnership & Fundraising Officer – 1 Position
Department: Administration & Finance
Directly responsible to: Admin & Finance Manager
Staff supervise: 1-3 persons fundraising team
Hours: 40 hours per week
Duty station: IDO office, Juba with some frequent travel
Opening date: February 2, 2017
Closing date: February 15, 2017 @ 5.30 PM
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reporting directly to the Admin & Finance Manager, the Partnerships and Fundraising Officer serves as a key member of the IDO’s Fundraising Team in a dynamic and rapidly growing organization. This position is responsible for all fundraising and partnership development activities of IDO in the South Sudan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Partnerships& Fundraising Officer will fill an important role within the organization by working with senior management to increase and diversify IDO’ funding sources and strategic partnerships. This position is important in enabling and supporting the Organization’s continued growth and provision of top basic development and humanitarian services in South Sudan.
The Partnership & Fundraising Officer will work with IDO’s Senior Management Team to continue developing and implementing a robust and comprehensive resource mobilization plan. This may include building and strengthening partnerships with a wide variety of local and international organizations; multilateral and bilateral funding agencies; increasing the diversity of funding sources, including identifying new funding opportunities with governments, multilateral agencies, local and international public and private donors and foundations; and developing online fundraisers.
In this context, under the overall guidance of the Chief Executive Officer and the direct supervision of the Admin & Finance Manager, the Partnership & Fundraising Officer leads and is responsible for the activities related to the Partnership & Fundraising for the IDO. More specifically, the incumbent will:
1. Lead the continued development and implementation of a robust and comprehensive resource mobilization plan for Integrated Development Organization that prioritizes funding sustainability and diversification.
2. Work with IDO’s Senior Management to identify new funders at the local, national, regional, and international level. Support and partner with the Chief Executive Officer and the Senior Management Team on all major fundraising initiatives to deliver on fundraising targets.
3. Actively work with the Chief Executive Officer and senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy to include corporate, foundation, private &government grants, etc. and to develop key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support.
4. Develop and submit concept notes, letters of interest, written proposals etc. to support IDO’ general budget and individual programs (e.g. PAG, Health&Nutrition, Food Security and Livelihoods, Protection and Education program, etc.).
5. Develop and manage IDO’ online fundraisers.
For more details about this job please download the document below;
JOB VACANCY – Partnership and Fundraising Officer