From 2015-2016, IDO has been implementing Peace Building, Advocacy & Governance project funded by UNDP South Sudan Strengthening Voices, Participation & Engender Local Governance Processes in South Sudan, Central Equatoria’s Juba County.
The main purpose of this project is to strengthen state – communal relations within the three UN Protection of Civilian (PoC) sites, Mangateen and Mahad (Konyonyo) IDP camps in Juba and to increase their democratic engagement, access to and participation of conflict affected communities in the South Sudan’s political, peace and state building processes.
The project includes a series of activities such as;
- Inter-generational & inter-Communal dialogues
- Monthly issue-based peace forum
- Community & government Engagement meetings
- Training and supporting peace committees/mobilizers
- Communication/feedback loops to the IDPs community with regards to ongoing peace efforts and specific items of relevance within the peace agreement.